1 someone who controls access to something; "there are too many gatekepers between the field officers and the chief"
2 someone who guards an entrance [syn: doorkeeper, doorman, door guard, hall porter, porter, ostiary]
EtymologyFrom gate + keeper.
- a UK /ˈgeɪtkiːpə/
Gatekeeper may refer to:
- Someone who guards or monitors passage through a gate.
- H.323 Gatekeeper, a computing term for a virtual network switch that manages a H.323 zone, providing address information/translation and other services to the terminals within the zone, and for Gatekeepers managing other zones.
- A Gatekeeper can describe a person who picks the best news and forwards it to newspapers.
- Gatekeeping (communication) involves the actions of persons or organizations, known as Gatekeepers, that manage or constrain the flow of knowledge and information.
- Gatekeeping (education) the process of controlling the rate at which students progress to more advanced levels of study in the academic setting.
- A gatekeeper physician, which is the term used during Congressional Health Committee meetings to refer to primary care physicians due to their role as 'gatekeepers' to ration out patient access to specialized subspecialty doctors.
- Gatekeeper Butterfly (Pyronia tithonus), a brown colored European butterfly in the sub-family Satyrinae of the family Nymphalidae.
- In Final Doom, Gatekeepers are powerful, enormous and ancient demons that have the power to open Dimensional Gates and control/protect them.
- Gate Keepers, an anime series.
- The Gatekeeper, a character in the board games Nightmare and Atmosfear.
- The Gatekeepers, a 2002 book by Jacques Steinberg examining the changing face of college admissions in the United States.
- The Gatekeeper, a 2002 film by John Carlos Frey about the struggles of migrants at the Mexican/US border.
- The Gatekeeper, a former member of the disbanded hip hop group Gravediggaz.
- Gatekeeper, a song by Leslie Feist that was covered by Feist cohorts, the Kings of Convenience.
- Zuul the Gatekeeper, a character in the movie Ghostbusters
- Clare the Gatekeeper, a character in the television series Power Rangers: Mystic Force.
- Gatekeeper, the weapon in the "Soul" series.
- Gatekeeper state, a concept introduced by African historian Fred Cooper.
- Gatekeeper, a song by Within Temptation from the album "Enter"
- GateKeeper - a container security device from GateKeeper USA Inc. Gaithersburg, MD.
gatekeeper in German: Gatekeeper
gatekeeper in Japanese: ゲートキーパー